HD und FullHD Version zu Siege of Avalon (aus dem Source Code mit Delphi 4)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Kein Problem. =)

Auch jetzt wieder eine kleine Änderung, die dazukommen soll:

Ein HardMode. Einstellbar in Optionen und voraussichtlich auch in der CharCreation (hauptsächlich dort eigentlich). In den Optionen soll das bloß sein, damit man sich zu Not helfen kann, wenns zu schwer wird.

Was tut er:

Weniger Heiltränke und kein eigenmächtiges Speichern mehr möglich. Auch der Speicherpunkt "Anfang der Stufe" existiert dann nicht mehr. Lediglich einzelne Speicherpunkte werden dann per Script in die Karten und Konversationen eingefügt.

• Hallo,

Ich habe seit vielen Jahren nicht auf Deutsch geschrieben, deshalb ...do I continue in English :D

A bit of backstory - when Diablo I was released on GOG a week or two back - I remembered I had the old SoAOS code lying about since it was released back in mid 2003 (PGD) - I never got around to look into at that time. So with the happy memories of old-school gaming - I found the old code and also did a bit of surfing - finding that Dominique had put it on GitHub, and that some crazy people had recently taken up the task - and I also found this cozy forum ;)

I did a fork of gondur GitHub fork - since my motives/priorities seems to be in a different order than the other forks - newest compiler/toolset first, improvements (HD (optional), multi-platform, character selection usw.) later.

Delphi 4 was not the greatest version, so my first goal is to get the original win32 code to compile and run in the currently latest version of Delphi (10.3.1 Rio) - which is now also available as a Free Community Edition - that is not crippled as the earlier Starter Editions - but matches the Pro Edition.

My thinking is that that would also open the possible for others to work on the code - without digging out their old Delphi 4 CD :bang:

My fork can be found here: GitHub repo - current state is that it compiles and is playable using Delphi 2007 - added a few missing/corrupt assets. Have 10.2.3 compiling it, but not playable yet.

I have not included any of the great improvements you guys have done - yet. All is done in the win32 part, since the original SoAOS part seemed very half-baked.

Just to let you know - and great that you have keep this game alive.

• SteveNew
    Thank you for your effort.

Rucksacksepp
    Ein Fenstermodus wäre großartig. Es scheint nicht möglich zu sein das Spiel in die Taskleiste zu verkleinern. Entweder es blockiert weiterhin den Bildschirm oder es stürzt teilweise ab und ich muss den letzten Spielstand neu laden.
    Wenn das geändert werden kann wäre es echt großartig.

• SteveNew
    Thank you for your effort.

Rucksacksepp
    Ein Fenstermodus wäre großartig. Es scheint nicht möglich zu sein das Spiel in die Taskleiste zu verkleinern. Entweder es blockiert weiterhin den Bildschirm oder es stürzt teilweise ab und ich muss den letzten Spielstand neu laden.
    Wenn das geändert werden kann wäre es echt großartig.

Your welcome.

Regarding a windowed-mode version: it would required too much in the current state of the the DirectX code - if you ask me - it would be better to move forward a port to SDL 2.0. Now that the time of the long nights approaches - I would like to throw a bit more time into the project again. :)