Steam/GoG Siege of Avalon Anthology - Modpaket

• Offizieller Beitrag

Deutsch:

Nachdem ich alle Mods fertig gestellt habe, habe ich mich dran gesetzt meine Anwendung mit Modpaket an die Steam-/Gogversion anzupassen. Ich war erfolgreich. Man kann alle 5 Sprachen in SoA weiterhin spielen. Die Mods kann man auf Englisch oder Deutsch spielen.

Für Steam wird der Installationsordner i.d.R. erkannt, für GoG muss man ihn selber wählen.

Steam/Gog Galaxy starten, Siege of Avalon Anthology spielen. Das ganz originale bleibt auch unverändert.

English:

My modpaket is now ready to be on the Steam-/Gog-Version of SoA. The main story still has all 5 localizations, the mods english and german.

Install location of SoA for Steam will normally be detected automatically. For GoG you'll have to do it manually. Now you can start the game in Steam/Gog Galaxy.

Download

• Rucksacksepp

Hat das Label Fertige Mod hinzugefügt.
  • rucivfan habe das Modpaket (Steam) einfach in den Siege of Avalon Anthology Ordner der von GOG Galaxy verwaltet wird installiert.

Über GOG Galaxy SoA gestartet und bekomme dann die Auswahl für Siege of Avalon oder SoA-Mods spielen mit den Optionen für

Auflösung und Sprache. Habe jede Mod kurz (5min) angetestet und scheint zu funktionieren? Sollte dies intensiver getestet werden,

um eine Aussage treffen zu können Rucksacksepp ?

Leider wird sobald ich die Auflösung größer als 800x600 einstelle, das Hauptmenu und jedes Fenster wie Charakterbildschirm, Inventar usw.

immer weiter in die obere rechte Ecke verschoben. Ist dies gewollt? Bild im Anhang 1920x1080 musste leider die Qualität reduzieren wegen max 1MB.

MfG

vorgash

• Offizieller Beitrag

Merci für die Rückmeldung. Die Zeit des Tests sollte eigentlich reichen. Länger hab ich für Steam auch nicht getestet.

Das Interface (Inventar, Karte, Abenteuer, usw.) wurde für die rerelease Version zentriert. Das war mir damals schon zu viel Arbeit, weswegen ich das so gelassen habe. Außerdem müsste ich dann noch die Bilder anpassen, da das zentrierte Interface dann irgendwie abgeschnitten aussieht.

Oder heißt "immer weiter", dass mit jedem Aufruf es weiter nach links oben verschoben wird, sodass irgendwann die Fenster im linken oberen Rand verschwinden? Das kann ich mir eigentlich nicht vorstellen, bzw. sollte dann nicht so sein.

• Rucksacksepp entschuldige da habe ich mich nicht richtig ausgedrückt.

Mit dem "immer weiter" meinte ich eine stufenweise Verschiebung in Richtung obere linke Ecke.

Angefangen bei einer Auflösung von 800x600 zentral im Bildschirm, bis wie in meinem Bild zu sehen ist,

bei einer Auflösung von 1920x1080 und nicht mehr weiter.

Die Fenster sind in ihrer jeweiligen Auflösung immer an der gleichen Position.

MfG

vorgash

• Rucksacksepp

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Steam Siege of Avalon Anthology - Modpaket“ zu „Steam/GoG Siege of Avalon Anthology - Modpaket“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Am Hauptspiel wird rein gar nichts verändert. Außer ein/zwei Funktionen die fehlen, wie z.B. Fasttravel (T) im Hauptspiel, wenn man die Modanwendung startet.

Es wird bloß ein "Starter" in Zukunft gestartet bei dem du zwischen der Steam/GoG Anwendung wählen kannst (da wird dann einfach das Spiel ganz normal gestartet) und den Mods. Da kannst du dann im Spiel wählen, was du spielen willst.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi.

Yes that's correct. I thought it would be enough to translate conversations, adventures, quests and journals because if you play the mod, you already know how to handle the interface. Understanding the story is the main issue.

Translating everything else would be around 50% more work. Maybe just have a look at Artlib\"Mod"-Resource\ConversationsEng and ...\JournalEng from each mod. Then you get an overview how much work that was. :eek:

• Hi.

Yes that's correct. I thought it would be enough to translate conversations, adventures, quests and journals because if you play the mod, you already know how to handle the interface. Understanding the story is the main issue.

Translating everything else would be around 50% more work. Maybe just have a look at Artlib\"Mod"-Resource\ConversationsEng and ...\JournalEng from each mod. Then you get an overview how much work that was. :eek:

Are there any items though that play a crucial role in the plot and need to be obtained to move the plot (or spefic quests) along? If so then maybe it would be good to translate just these to not have trouble figuring out what they are by checking the journal and comparing it to the items found.

Otherwise yeah, since most players know already what means what in the interface therefore there shouldn't be much trouble with that.

Thank you for translating the mod!

• Hi.

Thanks for the answer. This is generally not such a big problem) I just clarified, I thought I installed something wrong. Thanks a lot for the translation!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Samriel There are indeed some items you need for quests. Maybe there could be something like that, but I can't remember. But as usual you will know that before because either it has a special image (not a common one like e.g. blue tunic) or you got a quest before and it's quite logical that this must be the item (eg. Find ingredients for a monk, it must a flower, a herb, and soon). In other cases you will/would have the same problem as a german player in the german version. ;)

@both... No problem, you're welcome. Have fun!

• Samriel There are indeed some items you need for quests. Maybe there could be something like that, but I can't remember. But as usual you will know that before because either it has a special image (not a common one like e.g. blue tunic) or you got a quest before and it's quite logical that this must be the item (eg. Find ingredients for a monk, it must a flower, a herb, and soon). In other cases you will/would have the same problem as a german player in the german version. ;)

@both... No problem, you're welcome. Have fun!

Got it.

One more thing, occassionally there is some text in white (but only in german) that appears over the heads of certain NPCS when they talk in real time and not in dialogue windows. It does not happen often but the player might lose some plot related information by not knowing what they say. Any plans to have it translated in the future?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know what you mean. Most of the time it's either not that important (like: "Excuse me, Sir. May I can have a talk with you?") or it gets wirtten down in the adventure soon after.

But you're right. I should translate that, too and add some code for reading the new symbolseng.ini-file then.

But I'll wait til the patch for SoA is released because that will overwrite my siege.exe (launcher).