Beiträge von SteveNew

I did a small Item.db vs. character layers scanner - to help me identify all potential "Chestplate loot"-like issues, head and naked layers are ignored.

So it is just a list that indicates that an item/clothing can't be removed from a character - we do not want everyone to be lying naked around. So I have compared my findings with the SoAmigos 0.7 patch fixes - but been careful not to add new quest items. I am sure the rest on the list can be ignored, since they were never fixed in the patch either. Some probably because there is no more room for shifting things around on the character - or it is not a character you would ever take things from.

But better safe than sorry - would anyone care too give the remaining list a glimpse - and I will PM it to them?

The list is in the form: Layered\chapter3\ghost.pox can't Loot slot: leg1=WLegPlate should be: [leg2]

vorgash thanks for reporting these, but since we will not at current time be able time-wise to look into each broken story line in the German, and we do have the alignment with the English version ready - that should fix all these issues - there is no need to report more German story or item issues, for now. If you find things in the English version, or in the German version after the coming patch please do report them. Just not to waste your time on things we aware off and working on.

To everyone reporting issues: Please do also state language version played, and whether any mods/patches are installed. It is getting harder to distinguish between what is a bug and what are adjustments in the living organism called SoA :D

vorgash The current release - has the logic:

In chapter 1 you are sent to the room

In chapter 3 you are doing forest jumping - which is probably the one point it makes sense for now

Otherwise you get to the south gate.

But we will "fix" that - since there have been cases where it beaks gameplay - so only chapter 3 forest jump stays for now.

For now use Rucksacksepp "cheat" in #2, or switch language prior to talking to Sir Roth and Entrowe should help. I also found the issue in Sir Roth german conversation - I am going through all German conversation currently so that they are fixed and included in a coming Patch.

Demonmegi or anyone else - I have now aligned the german items.db and title.db with the other languages - so that includes the missing CD_ items.

Could someone test these for me? They need to go into \ArtLib\Resources\Database\german.

That said - beware that the exercise with the re-release was to get all 5 languages available again - so that means with the German release a step forward compared to the original German release, but for those being used to the SoAmigos 0.7 patch - a half setup back.

I would personally love if we over time your put all SoAmigos patch adjustments back in (were they make sense), but I would prefer if we get the localization separated from the title.db and items.db (preferable also the .cnv files) before beginning that endeavour - that design was made back then - but today I would fire people for such a stupidity.

Regardless of language you should have the same skills, points and experience - unfortunately I did not do good enough job on getting the German resources sorted out.

Demonmegi I will look, but they where probably of so high value that we sold them on eBay ;D

The items should be in sync with the "release" material we where given, but there where a few different "original" releases.

I was also told that the extras MP3 soundtrack included, might have been CD audio tracks on a release - and they are dated mid 2007.

Sorry spamming again:

In regards to the mouse cursor flickering - experimenting with the vsync setting in the siege.ini might help. But looking at the mouse cursor implementation is a thing that to look at.

The untranslated spot I missed in Mudams conversion is pushed, and a few other things.

Thanks again.

Oh - I should submit a bug :)

Platform: all

Chapters 4 and 6 I think.

When playing in HD og FullHD - there are two place that I know of where the "submap" is less than 30 x 34 tiles - than can cause "glitches"

I am pretty sure some of the mapmakers here can easily fix that - let me know.

Below comments are purely from me personal - and might not express the view/politics of Sneg or General Arcade (great people btw.)

voldemort13  Demonmegi  TFTgamer  rucivfan  Listig - thanks and keep them coming, very nice to have these found and documented.

That said, these might not be fixed over night, but we are all in general in a better position than before if you ask me:

- We have a game that now is available again

- We did not have the source from the Steven Davis patches available - that would had been very helpful and time saving. So some things we must find and fix a new. (We did fix thing that was never fixed before also :D )

- It runs in general better on new Windows OS ( sorry Demonmegi ) than before with various tweaks

- My favourite: Windowed Mode - makes it a lot easier to debug and work with code - for all of us

- The people involved did ensure that the source code of the engine stayed open - so now the re-released source is available on the Publishers GitHub.

- I will continue to do a bit of fixing and feature addition to the engine - this does not mean that these will all (if any) get into the Steam/GOG release but they could - but as such is the project getting SoA on Steam and GOG for me officially over - but I will help when time allows.

- Finally all chapters in all languages are combined and aligned story and feature wise - which also means it does miss some of the added content from the SoAmigos patch.

- There are bugs in the game, that did require too much work compared to impact - mostly "cosmetic" like cut in half by tent flaps.

- And the community can find together again and dust of their bug fixing skills ;)

And one last wish - if you find things that would benefit from a visual like Listig #2 - then please add an image showing the issue - that makes it helpful. Some of the translations of the conversations ended up in whole novels, compared to the original English version.

And remember this game does not have a price and probably not had budget that matches Diablo II - Resurrected ;)

Thanks to every one for helping out!! *Daumen hoch*