Beiträge von Edrit_Kolotit

*feels like he is filled with the wisdom of all the billions of years of life of the Universe* I thought so! XD

I had an idea with several tricky mechanics (and I figured out how to implement all of them with the existing capabilities, even without editing the code). But I don’t know this one yet. The point is this: use the summoned rat not only as a spy. There is a narrow hole that the character cannot get through. The rat runs into it, crosses the trigger and, for example, opens a secret passage.

Maybe, instead of a new token, the option is to give the rat its own alliance (allied with the party), and the trigger - when in the visibility range of the invistrigger? Hmm... Although no, this is not an option.

I checked, everything works now, but: 1) If I create a spell in spell1.pas (without changing anything in spell.pas - which may be my mistake) -

cannot give the spell to the player.
    ===========

Oh, another question, but this time it’s more important: Is it possible to make the ifcurrent trigger react to your summon? For example, by editing spell.pas Or will it be necessary to register a new token (ifcurrentsummon, for example) or otherwise deeply edit the engine?

It sounds very strange. But the problem is definitely on my side. Gremlins are playing pranks, I guess XD

Thanks for the help :)

Actually, the original problem was that a new spell (for the test) was not given to the player. At first I thought that the icon coordinates were too big and the game couldn't read them. But it turned out that the game could not read the title in any way and I began to figure it out. Here's another thing: if I add a spell to Spell1.pas, I don't have to edit anything else in Spell.pas? It's possible that I just missed something. But I did the procedure for adding a new spell correctly. The names of all procedures, functions, etc. are also correct.

Try the following: 1) Rename any spell directly to Spell.pas (by adding a new name to text.ini) 2) The same thing, but taking the existing name from text.ini 3) The same thing, but renaming one of the existing ones to text.ini It is possible that there is an error in my encoding, but I checked...it seems...

Yes, I noticed this, that's why I asked about the difficulty. However, there is no need, I have already created everything necessary.

==================

All changes to spell.pas (which I made)

1)Elemental protection spells are now separate spells

2) The “Illusion” spell has the second and third levels.

3) The “Poison Aura” spell has the second level.

4) Protection from magic now also provides protection from mental damage.

5) New spell - poison ball, three levels.

There's a problem.

The game cannot pick up the spell name from text.ini. I'll try to explain.

For example, I would like to rename a spell.

class function TFirefly.GetName: string;

begin

result := '***';

end;

1) If "***" is something from an already existing list, then the replacement works.

2) If "***" is a new line, then it does NOT work.

This is strange, because I already added new lines when I created a couple of new spells, for example - everything worked.

3) If "***" is a change to some old line, then it does NOT work.

Perhaps the problem is in the encoding.

BUT!

Since creating new spells (and never changing them at all), I haven’t changed the encoding. But I checked with both UTF-8 and ANSI - it doesn't work.

P.S.Perhaps the problem was caused by patch 1.13; I installed it after I created new spells (and as I said above, with the new spells everything worked and the game received new names from text.ini). But this is an assumption.
    =========================
    And another question:

Is it possible to create the "summon skeleton" and "summon hellhound" spells for the player?

I've already created new aura spells and new projectile spells (based on existing ones), but I haven't tried making summoning spells. I think it's a little more complicated...am I wrong?

Image from Interfase folder bottombarHD4zu3 If you leave it like this, nothing changes. If they replace one of the options - bottombar, bottombarHD, bottombarfullHD - the image will not load at all.

Yes, I already noticed with the space. I meant automatic transfer.
    In German it definitely is, in English and Russian too... But, really, none of these words fit the game setting.Okay, you’re right about that.XD

Checked patch 1.13
    1) Notes are interesting, but there is a problem with the bottom panel, regardless of resolution. I tried replacing one version or another, but then it just disappears. I guess the problem is the size of the new bottombar.
    2) In the future it would be great to add a line break after a certain number of characters.
    3) Well, completely unrealistic (and almost useless to anyone XD) - support for the Cyrillic alphabet.

But, I repeat, the idea itself is very cool and it can be used in creating quests.

And if you need effects for the test, here they are. Yes, I simply increased the number of frames for unfinished effects from 8 to 64, without taking into account the direction. But even the developers did not take this into account (see the “Shaman Mage” gif on one of the official sites).

https://soaos.sourceforge.net/…/Chapt1_AnimCharFrame.htm Upd: I tested it. All three effects are not displayed

Need a little help. I've added two new effects for the Push spell (two consecutive levels). Everything works, but I can't do this: if there is a title for a third level spell - effect number three If the title is for the second spell - effect number two If not, effect number one. And, accordingly, so that the damage is calculated differently (ideally, also the range of action).

1) With the title Reject = RejectEffect animation, Impact = ImpactEffect animation, if not - regular PushEffect animation.
    2) Depending on the title - your own calculation of damage and mana cost (you can set the same values, I will change them myself).
    3) If possible, then with the title "Reject" = radius 125% of the normal radius. "Impact" = 110% of normal.

It’s strange that the error is due to the wordwarp, because then I would have had a similar problem in 1.11 (I checked this reason first of all(extra space problem)).

Hmm..I’ll test it a little later and if everything is good, I’ll learn how to make transfers myself

UPD: Yes, indeed, it was this very simple mistake that I have already caught many times. This time I didn't check the whole document because everything worked fine with the old .exe (which is very strange)...and it was my mistake. Thanks for the help.:)

Log if launched with a new .exe (in the language version, where the .db is edited).

UPD:

I checked with .exe from version 1.10 (without the last added transit) - the error repeats.
    I checked with .exe from version 1.09 (without new transit and spell icon coordinate) - the error repeats.

Interestingly, all Items.db are ANSI encoded (including Russian, which I edited). But the English one (the only one of all) has UTF-8 encoding. But the error I have is not with the English file.

Perhaps I was offended in the wrong way. I'll try to write point by point:

1) I have my edited item.db (so far only one in the language version).

2) If I run through the .exe, which I have now (1.11), there will be no problems.

3) If I compile the .exe from the source (it turns out 1.12) - in the language version that I edited - the undressed NPC (that is, item.db is not recognized).

4) In other language versions, where I did NOT edit item.db, there is no such problem.

I think the problem is in the encoding of my file, but I don't understand why everything works without errors with the old .exe.

Okay, everything seems to be working. But when I launch a new Siege.exe, the game does not seem to recognize item.db - items on characters are not displayed - (the one I edited, if run in other languages - everything is fine). Encoding problem?

Usually the error occurs if there is an extra space somewhere in item.db, but I checked my file with the old Siege.exe - everything is fine.

The problem is precisely in the Siege.exe that I am building.

Then just close the doors in each type of village when loading? Or is it better to keep it simple? :)

======================

1)The names of the summoners need to be changed. Instead of "Rat" = "#CharacterName.Rat# ,"Wolf" = "#CharacterName.Wolf#, "Golem" = "#CharacterName.Golem#
    2)The triggers for the caves and crypts of Chapter 6, as well as Mithras, are likely to have an error. Instead of "04chapter4" the non-existent title "04chapter5" is used.

3)I tried to compile it myself (Siege.dpr->Project/Build Siege) but got this error. Did I do something wrong?