Beiträge von Rucksacksepp

BottombarHD4zu3 isn't used in the new Version. This one is for the old one (Delphi 4 version) which has a fourth resolution (1024x768).

Since I've added an option to "Play Alt Version" (which is the Delpih 4 version), the file is included in the patch. The reason for "Alt Version" is that some people have the infamous blue pixel bug which is related to the windowed mode in combination with a few GPUs (or maybe CPUs, anyway...). The Blue Pixel Fix option does work but can be slow on some PCs. Therefore I've added the old Version which runs at least.

So ist es nun soweit. Patch 1.13 ist fertig und veröffentlich. Herunterladbar in der Filebase für alle drei Versionen (Klassik, Steam und GoG).

Überblick über die Neuerungen:

-Wie vorher schon geschrieben die Möglichkeit bis zu acht Notizen zu schreiben

-Autoupdate funktion (per Klick auf Update oder generell einmal pro Monat) wurde erweitert. Nicht nur erhält man die Info, ob eine neue Version erhätlich ist, sondern kann nun automatisch aktualisieren lassen -wenn eine neue Version verfügbar ist. Weitere Infos:

-Ein zusätzlicher Creditsscreen wurde hinzugefügt mit Mitwirkende und Übersetzer, da Edrit Kolotit so frei war (für die rerelease Version) mir die Sachen in russisch zu übersetzen.

-Für die klassische Version wurde die Option Kapitel 3, 4 und 5 zu überpringen rausgenomen, um wieder das originale Spielerlebnis zu haben (und weil die Textpassagen vom Publisher hierfür einfach blöd waren)

-diverse Änderungen/Verbesserungen zu entnehmen aus der Änderungsaufzeichnung, die man im Reiter Versionen finden kann.

Ferner wurden Kapitel 7 und die Modpakete aktualisiert vor allem, da ja dort der aktuelle Patch mitinbegriffen sein soll.

Ein weiterer Patch (1.14) ist auch schon in Planung, dauert aber noch.

This shouldn't work that way when you put those lines to TPush.Create; This procedure is called when the game starts by the function Loadspells.

Solution is complicated since a Casteffect is added to the spell directly. A way to edit that is by adding another effect like they did with TFireball.Casting. But then you need to add a new procedure TPush.Casting where you can add this effect with the particular title. At the moment I don't know if anything more has to be changed in order to also call the TPush.Casting procedure when TPush.Cast is called.

To apply the effect radiuswise you may have to look how they did it with the spell rotating blades, but I've tried this once since I also had the idea to make a Pushlvl 2 with a radius to get more than one character pushed. It didn't work because some things were missing. I gave up then.

Also be aware that you have doubled the following lines in TPush.Create, which will give you an error when trying to compile.

except

on E: Exception do

Log.Log(FailName, E.Message, []);

end;

end;

I've tested something. Now I know how this bug can be recreated. The english items.db has the UTF-8 encoding. If you edit the items.db with the normal notepad.exe the encoding is changed to UTF-8-BOM which is an invalid encoding for the .exe. This doesn't happen with other Items.db because they are encoded as ANSI and notepad.exe doesn't change that encoding after saving the file. With Notepad++ you can fix that, if it is the same issue like I have. Also for next patch there will be a new Items.db where the automatic change to UTF-8-BOM when using notepad.exe won't appear anymore.

The funny thing I only did that mistake in the unreleased 1.13.

Good question why nothing is wrong when starting the game with the old .exe (1.11) because there weren't any changing in the reading function of .db-files. And I've tested it too with an older .exe but I'll get the same result.

Or maybe it's a completely different bug you have. Do you have this line in the siege.log: "Parts.Create Not a valid Items .db file"?

Just checked it. Yes there's a wrong encoding (UTF-8-Bom instead of ANSI or rather UTF-8) in the english items.db file. I don't know how this happened. And from where was your Items.db? The patch version 1.12 doesn't have the wrong encoded one. It was only mine from unreleased 1.13.

In that case we can leave it the way it is.

1) will be changed.

2) will be fixed.

3) Is it Delphi 11 you use? If something like this error happens there can be an error in the installation of Delphi or an directory error of the Sourcecode or the wrong file you opened.

Closing the door from the village side makes sense, because every chapter has an own village. So the door properties (closed or opened) cannot be saved from previous chapters. When you're in church you have to go out again, there's no other way, so the doors are open as long as you're in the church.

1+2. You get so many training points, I think some cuts like that are appropriate.

3. I wouldn't close that door automatically.

4. Fixed

5. Fixed

The changes for your .exe can be found in the attachment (deleted since a newer version is available). The whole source code of the current version can be found there: Source Code vom Modpaket auf Delphi 4 und 10 Basis

I think I let the current state as it is. I'll just make a new .exe for your modification when patch 1.13 round about in march is published which will be before your own set deadline.

Money check isn't possible in conversations. Therefore you'll have to work with a title and GsOntrigger around the npc with:

Code
    ifcurrent;
        player.ifprop(moneyamount>50);
            player.addtitle(MoneyOK);
        endif;
        player.ifprop(moneyamount<51);
            player.removetitle(MoneyOK);
        endif;
    endif;

Astralplane door is noted.

I wouldn't change anything for the Obelisks. Yeah there's no piont in equiping but why should there alway be a point in doing something.

Also I only want to add conversations/says or showmessages if it's really necessary. Since we have 5 localizations everything has to be translated and I don't want to rely on a translator especially for long text passages.

Southgate closing door: done.

Ein paar Neuigkeiten:

Zumindest für die klassische Version gibt es im nächsten Patch endlich eine komplett funktionierende Minimierfunktion. Das Spiel verschwindet dann auch, sodass man auf seinen Desktop zugreifen kann und auch ohne Soundfehler, was aber eh schon behoben wurde. Bei der Rerelease Fassung bin ich noch am schauen, bin aber eher pessimistisch. Ich kann das fehlerhafte Minimieren einfach nicht replizieren, so als ob es reiner Zufall ist wann es mal funktioniert und wann nicht. Daher werd ich diesbezüglich wahrscheinlich auch keine Lösung finden.

Ferner hat die klassische Version jetzt auch einen integrierten Starter mit ähnlichen Einstellungen, wie die rerelease Fassung.

1) Probably because there's no object reference to the conversation. Solution: Add an invistrigger with:

Code
    AIMode=none
    IdleAI=Runsript
    LeashLength=2 or something like that
    script=converse(xy);setprop(AIMode=none);

and then the gsontrigger with:

Code
    ifcurrent;InvistriggerGUID.Setprop(AIMode=IdleAI);endif;

2) Strength doesn't work because there's a typo in the code. It has to be All(stt(strenght>xy));

1), 2) and 3): I will add something like that to the next patch. Thanks for the report.

Aventure Ch1-38, Ch1-54, Ch1-65 and ch4-532: I think these ones were an idea for a second choice/consequence of the game but weren't implemented.

Chalice: I will also add something like that to the next patch. Thanks for the report.

Zwei Unterschiede:

1. Rerelease Fassung hat einne Fenstermodus.

2. Rerelease Fassung hat die Steam/GoG Oberfläche mit drin für Errungenschaften, was aber nicht mehr so wichtig ist, da es "Ingame-Trophäen" gibt.

Im Grunde gibts also keinen Grund mehr die Version zu kaufen, wenn man die originale hat. :engel: