giveitem script doesnt work with 1.4 patch??

• i am simply trying to give my character via conversation with corvus an additional comission letter so i have 2... i have entereed in his convo the script=player.additem(comletter)
    and no matter where or what i try i dont recieve the item -_-

i am guessing it has something to do with the 1.4 patch by steven davis...
    figures...the only way i can play this game is if i have 1.4 patch that fixes the screen blackouts as mentioned in my other thread... installed SoA unpattched jus regular in a diff folder and played and the script worked..

so fustrating... :bang::bang::bang::bang:

i rele love this game, is there anyway to get around this and accomplish what im trying to do??

• so i Dled ChaptEd for no reason i guess lol..unless i can findout why my screens bugging out on regular SoA where im actually able to play and see each window i open ingame...cuz it works on the regular one...theres no earlier patches that arent 1.4 that fix the screen blackoputs?

• yeh that doesnt work...
    i cant unencrypt these files...i dnt understand how are all the files encrypted so u can change around what npcs say or whatnot or do what im tryna do this is such bs

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, there can be a way to mod SoA with 1.4 patch.
    You can edit the mapfiles without new pox-files like putting a gsOnTrigger on a map and write a script in OnTrigger and define the gridspaceregion.
    Note: Maybe it won't work on a map where you were before. So try to edit a unknown map.
    E.G. You're in Forest1.lvl and you didn't visit forest2.lvl in your savegame. Then the changes on the map will correctly saved for your savegame

• There is no real way around and actually the only person that
    could uncrypt the files is steven davis. But until now we got no positive response
    for sharing the software which were used to "encrypt" the files.

So there are only two ways left:
    1. Use 1.4 and no chance to mod
    2. Do not use the 1.4 Patch and mod the files

Sorry, nothing else is possible actually.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't do great changes. The Conversations in folder Conversations won't be used in the 1.4 patch. The Conversations are writen in SiegeInt1.pax
    You wanted to use additem in SoA. So edit a map with a gsOnTrigger with a script:
    ifcurrent;
    player.additem(comletter);
    "baseguidGSONTRIGGER".setprop(triggerenabled=false);
    endif;
    I'm not sure but that must work.
    The item.db is also encrypted like the Conversations.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How to Install Chapted?
    -You need to have installed SoA on a simple Path without spaces. (C:/Siege of Avalon wrong, C:/SiegeofAvalon right) or you copy your SoA-folder to C:/ without spaces in the name of the folder
    -Following information in ChaptEdPOX.reg should be changed:

-Execute the new file
    -Start ChaptEd
    -Open a map where you never been before in your savegame
    -Add a GsOntrigger with ctrl+a from GameObject/GridSpace/GsOnTrigger to the opened map
    -right-klick ->DefineGridspaceregion
    -set your gridspaces
    -right-klick again
    -Edit Properties of this GSOntrigger.
    script in OnTrigger: Have a look at my post before "BaseGuidGSONTRIGGER" means the Baseguid of this GSONTRIGGER written in GameObject in Properties
    -Save Map
    -Play to this map and run through the Gridspaceregion.